Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend-tastic

Even though I was at work for a few hours this weekend, I'm a pretty big fan of the last 48 hours. We had friends over for dinner (and a cocktail or two) last night. How fantastic that their kids and our kids got along and basically let the grownups hang while they played with Legos, bubbles, water guns, Barbies, not necessarily in that order.

Our day today started with a bacon breakfast (a staple around these parts) and took us to my parents pool AND included sangria. Sangria is my summer "thing" and after tweeting about it recently, I'm beyond thrilled that some friends are tweeting me pics of their sangria, paying homage to my "go to" drink. Last night alone, two different people sent pics and another told me he'd switched up the recipe to be a white wine alternative. (Happy sigh)

I made a commitment to be a more dedicated blogger - but have discovered one of the things that will surely impair me is my lack of ability to remember to take pics of cool things as they are happening.

One of our guests had the foresight to take this picture shortly after I delivered her first margarita.






As we began to eat (Fajitas!!!), it occurred to me I should have taken a pic. But then I started making a fajita and the moment was gone. 

I see the "kids these days" taking a zillion photos and subsequently post them on facebook for all the world to see. (Seriously - all the world. It seems that young people don't care to have privacy settings on their profiles... Why would they not?)

I have a serious lack of photographic evidence from the last decade or so, my kids notwithstanding. My sister-in-law was our official photographer at a family trip over the Christmas holidays which is a good thing because I took less than a dozen photos - and half of them were crap. So... I shall endeavour to be a more consistent photographer. I suspect it will make my ramblings that much more readable. It is sort of imperative for my food blog (but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Babysteps.).

No comments: